Kamal Haasan has celebrated his 63rd birthday and he has started his career as a child artist and has been a assistant director, director, dance choreographer, story writer, playback singer, actor, producer and song writer and he has entered all fields in the film industry.
He has won National awards, Padmabhushan, Chevalier Award and lot more awards. He has acted in all characters and he didn’t celebrate his birthday in a grand manner as CM Jayalalitha is hospitalized.
Then too he has received lots and lots of greetings from his fans in his Twitter Page and his daughters Shruthi Haasan and Akshara Haasan have been with their father on his birthday.
Little Known Facts About Kamal Haasan :
Few Indian stars have been as versatile as Kamal Haasan. As the veteran actor turns 62, let’s discover a few rare facts about his career and personal life
- His Birth name is Parthasarathy
- He has won three National Film Awards and 19 Filmfare Awards
- He has acted in many languages including Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Bengali language films
- His movies hold the record for respresenting India maximum, number of times at the Oscars in the ‘Best foreign movie’ category
- His father was a lawyer and his mother a housewife. He is the youngest of 4 children
- The Malayalam film ‘Thirakatta’ is said to be based on his affair with actress Srividya
- At age 24, he married India classical danseuse Vani Ganapathy. They were married for 10 years before they separated
- He and actress Sarika (his second wife) were in a live-in relationship in the late 80s’. They got married after the birth of their first daughter Shruthi Haasan
- His affair with co-star Simran, who is 22 years his junior, was the reason behind his divorce with Sarika
- Both his daughters Shruthi and Akshara have pursued carrers in films
- Following his break up with Simran, Kamal was living in with actress Gautami until 2016.
- He has often been criticized for alleged plagiarism self-indulgence and sexually explicit scenes and themes in his films.